Vidyanjali is an initiative of the Ministry of Education, Government of India to strengthen government & government-aided schools through community and private sector involvement across the country. This initiative helps to connect schools with varied volunteers from the Indian Diaspora namely, young professionals, retired teachers, retired Government officials, retired professionals, NGOs, Private Sector and Public Sector Companies, Corporate Institutions and many others.
Vidyanjali has two verticals in which volunteers can support and strengthen the government and government-aided schools.
- Participate in school Service/Activity: Volunteers can participate in co-scholastic services/activities in government school with relevant knowledge and skill set and bridge the knowledge/skill/human resource gap in the institute.
- Contribute Assets/Material/Equipment: Volunteers can contribute to school for strengthening the school infrastructure.
The process for providing support to Schools vide Vidyanjali is outlined below and also illustrated:
- Registration/Onboarding: Schools register themselves on Vidyanjali portal
- Publish requirements: Schools publish Service/activity and/or Assets/Material/Equipment details for obtaining required external support from volunteers
- Volunteer Registration: Volunteers register themselves
- Search for contributing to School: Volunteers search for the published requirements
- Contribute: Volunteers can contribute as per the agreed scope and terms with the school
- Feedback: Both school & volunteers provide feedback to each other for continuos improvement