Hon'ble PM recently announced an economic package worth INR 20 lakh crore, which is approximately 10% of India's GDP, to help boost growth in the economy. The package also focuses on land, labour, liquidity and laws. It will cater to various sections including cottage industry, MSMEs, labourers, middle class, industries, among others.
Emphasis has been laid on rolling out bold reforms across sectors to facilitate the movement towards a self-reliant nation, as part of the Atmanirbhar Bharat.
Further, in line with the announcements, the government has launched a CHAMPIONS portal, to help MSMEs grow.
'CHAMPIONS' stands for Creation and Harmonious Application of Modern Processes for Increasing the Output and National Strength. The 'Champions' portal is a combination of technologies formed to help, guide, empower, ease and support the MSME sector of the country. Besides ICT tools incorporating telephone, internet and video conference, the system is enabled with Artificial Intelligence, Data Analytics and Machine Learning, to bring and tackle all grievances and suggestions under one-stop to help MSMEs. It is also fully integrated on a real-time basis with GOI's main grievances portal CPGRAMS and MSME Ministry's own other web-based mechanisms.
The Champions portal works on Hub and Spoke model comprising 66 State-level Control Rooms at offices of MSME- DI, BR MSME- DI offices, KVIC offices, NSIC offices, and Coir Board offices, which are impeccably connected with the Central Control Room at the Ministry of MSME, Delhi. The portal aims to help MSMEs in the present difficult situation due to COVID-19 lockdown as well as support them in future in terms of finance, raw materials, labour, regulatory permissions, etc. The system encourages MSMEs to capture new opportunities, as well as identifies potential MSMEs, who can become National and International Champions. The motto of the Champions portal is to solve problems of the MSME sector in the short run and create them as National and International Champions in the long run.
The Portal is packed with astonishing user-friendly features providing people with a fully integrated dashboard comprising organised data, the registration method is with OTP generation, for every grievance a new Complaint ID is created, different categories are available for users based on Association, MSME Unit, Would be Entrepreneur, etc. The Champion portal users can check all the grievances at one place on the dashboard as well as track the status of the same.
- Grievance Redressal: resolve the problems of MSMEs including those of finance, raw materials, labor, regulatory permissions etc particularly in the Covid created difficult situation;
- To help them capture new opportunities: including manufacturing of medical equipments and accessories like PPEs, masks, etc and supply them in National and International markets;
- To identify and encourage the sparks: i.e. the potential MSMEs who are able to withstand the current rough weather and can become national and international champions.
- Now onwards, Grievances of the MSME Units and stakeholders will be invited and enlisted only on the Champions platform and dealt with through the system made herein for the purpose. They will be given an auto generated unique ID number starting with GR;
- Grievances being registered on GOI's CPGRAMS portal as well as any other portal of the Ministry of MSME will also be directly fetched by the Champions platform. They will be given an auto generated unique ID number starting with CP;
- This Portal will also capture and encourage ideas and collaborative, supportive ecosystem of experts and technocrats who can guide in the technical, managerial and financial issues faced by the MSMEs. They will be given an auto generated unique ID number starting with CO;
- Champions platform will also capture the self pro-active administrative interventions by the functionaries of the Ministry of MSME. They will be given an auto generated unique ID number starting with IN.
- It will also capture the VIP References coming from Hon. Ministers and other dignitaries. They will be given an auto generated unique ID number starting with VI.
- Measures announced by the government under "Atmanirbhar Bharat" for MSMEs
- Standard Operation Procedure for Champions Control Room-cum-MIS
- Amendment in General Financial Rules 2017 - Global Tender Enquiry
- Production of medical equipments and Auxiliaries by MSMEs
- New Criteria for classification of micro, small and medium enterprises - GAZETTE NOTIFICATION - 1st June, 2020
- PM Modi Launches CHAMPIONS: Technology Platform to empower MSMEs
- Invitation for Covid-19 related Crowd Sourcing: Making SOPs for re-start of units in various sectors
- Suggest Advice