The Mission Karmayogi - National Programme for Civil Services Capacity Building (NPCSCB) offers civil service officers the Karmayogi Bharat Portal, an online learning platform with the aim to create a competent civil service rooted in Indian ethos, with a shared understanding of India's priorities, working in harmonisation for effective and efficient public service delivery. Mission Karmayogi aspires to build a Future Ready Civil Service equipped with the right Attitude, Skills and Knowledge, aligned with the vision of New India.
Karmayogi Bharat's vision is to transform the Indian civil services capacity-building landscape by establishing a robust digital ecosystem enabling continuous anytime-anywhere learning to make the officials future ready. To fulfil the vision, the mission adopted the aim to guide civil service officials in their competency-based capacity building journey by enabling online, face-to-face, and blended learning, facilitating discussions through topical forums, managing career paths, and enabling reliable assessments that credibly signal competencies of officials.
Citizen at the Centre of Mission Karmayogi
The focus of Mission Karmayogi is on enhancing the government-citizen interaction, with officials becoming enablers for citizens and business, with development of Behavioural-functional-domain competencies leading to ease of living and ease of doing business. Thus, by design, Mission Karmayogi adopts a citizen-centric approach for civil service reforms.
Broadly, Mission Karmayogi aims to deliver on its goals through:
- New National Architecture for Civil Services Capacity Building
- Comprehensive reform of the capacity building apparatus at individual, institutional and process levels for efficient public service delivery
- PM led HR Council to approve and monitor Civil Service Capacity Building Plans
- Capacity Building Commission to harmonize training standards, create shared faculty and resources, and have supervisory role over all Central Training Institutions
- Wholly owned SPV to own and operate the online learning platform and facilitate world-class learning content market-place
Six Pillars of Mission Karmayogi
The six pillars of Mission Karmayogi include:
- Policy Framework
- Institutional Framework
- Competency Framework
- Digital Learning Framework (iGOT-Karmayogi)
- electronic Human Resource Management System (e-HRMS)
- Monitoring and Evaluation Framework