One District One Product (ODOP) initiative is aimed at fostering balanced regional development across all districts of the country. The initiative aims to select, brand, and promote at least One Product from each District (One District - One Product) of the country for enabling holistic socioeconomic growth across all regions. The ODOP Initiative has identified a total of 1102 products from 761 districts across the country.
Under the ODOP initiative, all products have been selected by States/UTs by taking into consideration the existing ecosystem on the ground, products identified under Districts as Export Hubs (DEH), and GI-tagged products. The finalized list is communicated to DPIIT by the relevant Department of States/UTs. All activities including exhibitions, capacity building, etc. are undertaken at the State/UT and district level, in consultation and coordination with the States/UTs.
Activities undertaken under by the One District One Product Initiative
Some of the activities undertaken under by the ODOP Initiative are as follows:
- Lakadong Turmeric, West Jaintia Hills, Meghalaya - Facilitated a consignment of 30 tonnes of Lakadong Turmeric from Shillong, Meghalaya in February 2022.
- Mango Festival of India in Japan was organised with Mango varieties from States such as Andhra Pradesh, Gujarat, Maharashtra and Telangana, in collaboration with the Embassy of India, Tokyo, Japan. A key achievement of the same is the launch of aromatic, delicious, and nutritious Indian Mangoes from 8 states (46 districts) in 127 convenience stores of Lawson (29th March 2022) and in the wholesale markets of Nishikasai and Akita Prefecture (28th March 2022).
- Walnuts, Budgam, Jammu & Kashmir (26th September 2021) - Initiative in partnership with JKTPO facilitated import substitution of over 2000 KGs of walnuts from Budgam, Kashmir to Bangalore, Karnataka on 26th September 2021.
- Sui Dhaaga - India-Russia Buyer Seller Meet for Textile Products (22nd September 2021)- Initiative in partnership with the Embassy of India, Moscow held a buyer-seller meet on textile products focusing on rayon and polyester.
- Mega Buyer - Seller Meet in Jammu and Kashmir and Guwahati Assam were held with over 70 sellers, traders, farmers, aggregators from various districts of each of the NE States showcasing their products. The Buyer Seller Meet in Jammu & Kashmir witnessed the presence of multiple national and International Brands.
- Multiple ODOP products were displayed at the World Economic Forum held from 22nd Jan 2023- 26th Jan 2023 in the Indian Pavilion at Davos in Switzerland.
- DOP also showcased and supported the celebration of the International Day of Yoga (IDY) at Times Square in New York on June 21, 2022, in collaboration with the Consulate General of India, New York. Multiple ODOP products were displayed at the World Economic Forum held from 22nd Jan 2023 - 26th Jan 2023 in the Indian Pavilion at Davos in Switzerland.
- The initiative has been actively collaborating with various Indian Embassies to promote exports and public procurement of ODOP products. Various ODOP products have been delivered to multiple Indian Embassies in Argentina, Nigeria, Croatia, etc.
- ODOP Exhibitions have been organized in the Zagreb Ethnographic Museum, Croatia, and in Vancouver, Canada to promote exports of ODOP products.