Pradhan Mantri Jan Vikas Karyakram (PMJVK) is a Scheme designed to address the development deficits of the identified Minority Concentration Areas. Prior to PMJVK, the Ministry implemented Multi-Sectoral Development Programme. The areas of implementation, under PMJVK, have been identified on the basis of minority population and socio-economic and basic amenities data of Census 2011 and will be known as Minority Concentration Areas.
PMJVK will continue to support the States/UTs in creating infrastructure to improve the quality of life of people and reduce the imbalances in the identified minority concentration areas to be at par with the rest of the country. To further strengthen the programme and ensure the benefit reaches the intended beneficiaries, project proposals will also be accepted from Central Government Departments/Organizations, Central Public Sector Enterprises/Undertakings, Central/State Universities and Armed Police Forces, apart from the State/UT governments.
Under PMJVK, 80% of the resources would be utilized for projects related to education, health and skill development of which at least 33-40% will be earmarked for creation of assets/facilities for women/girls.
- The restructured Programme will be implemented as "Pradhan Mantri Jan Vikas Karyakram (PMJVK)" during the remaining period of 14th Finance Commission i.e. upto 2019-20. It will be implemented as a Centrally Sponsored Scheme.
- The PMJVK will continue to support the projects sanctioned under erstwhile Multi-sectoral Development Programme (MsDP) for completion of the sanctioned and ongoing projects.
- The PMJVK will continue to be implemented in Minority Concentration Blocks (MCBs), Minority Concentration Towns (MCTs) and Clusters of Minority Concentration Villages (COVs). However, certain number of population and area coverage have been specified for MCTs and COVs.
- A new area for implementation of PMJVK has been included namely Minority Concentration District Headquarters (MCD Hq).
- The PMJVK has used the selected socio-economic, basic amenities and population data of Census 2011 and have identified MCBs, MCTs and MCD Hqs. COVs will be identified by using the backwardness parameters and population data of Census 2011 in consultation with the State government/UT administration concerned.
- The identified areas namely MCBs, MCTs, MCD Hqs and COVs for implementation of PMJVK will be known as Minority Concentration Areas (MCA).
- The PMJVK aims at improving socio-economic conditions of the minorities and providing basic amenities to them for improving quality of life of the people and reducing imbalances in the identified MCA.
Parameters for identification of Minority Concentration Areas (MCA)
The backwardness parameters are:-
- Religion-specific socio-economic indicators at the district level
- Literacy rate;
- Female literacy rate
- Work participation rate
- Female work participation rate
- Basic amenities indicators at the district level
- Percentage of households with pucca walls
- Percentage of households with safe drinking water
- Percentage of households with electricity
- Percentage of households with latrine facility within the premise
Area for implementation
- Backward Minority Concentration Blocks (MCBs)
- Backward Minority Concentration Towns (MCTs)
- Backward Minority Concentration Districts Headquarters (MCD Hqrs)
- Backward Clusters of Minority Concentration Villages (CoVs)
- Guidelines for implementation of Pradhan Mantri Jan Vikas Karyakram (PMJVK)
- State-wise Administrative Districts and List of Area Units -Districts Hqs, Blocks, and Towns of PMJVK for remaining period of 14th Finance Commission
- Letter in Follow up of Guidelines of PMJVK for remaining period of 14th Finance Commission
- Empowered Committee Minutes.
- Sanctions in Financial Year: 2019-20
- Sanctions in Financial Year: 2018-19
- State Wise Sanctions
- Financial & Physical Status of Projects Sanctioned under PMJVK
- Press Release
- FAQs of PMJVK