The Pradhan Mantri Rojgar Protsahan Yojana (PMRPY) is a scheme to incentivise employers registered with the Employees' Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) for job creation, by virtue of the Government of India paying the full contribution of employers to the Employee Pension Scheme (EPS) and Employees' Provident Fund (EPF) in respect of new employees having a new Universal Account Number (UAN). The entire system is online and AADHAR based with no human interface in the implementation of the scheme. The terminal date for registration of beneficiaries through an establishment under the PMRPY is March 31, 2019.
A direct benefit of this scheme is that eligible workers will have access to social security benefits of the organized sector.
- Scheme Eligibility
- Scheme Eligibility for Textile Sector
- Pradhan Mantri Rojgar Protsahan Yojana - Status
- Industry-wise Beneficiaries under Pradhan Mantri Rojgar Protsahan Yojana
- Know your Labour Identification Number (LIN)
- Pradhan Mantri Rojgar Protsahan Yojana (PMRPY) - Login
This scheme offers social security benefits of the organised sector to workers. Apart from this, there are the following twin benefits of implementing this scheme:
- The employer is incentivised for increasing the employment base of workers in the establishment.
- A huge number of workers would find jobs in such establishments.
PMRPY Eligibility Criteria
All establishments registered with Employees' Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) under EPF Act 1952 can apply for availing benefits under the scheme. They need to have a valid Labour Identification Number (LIN) allotted to them under the ShramSuvidha Portal.
PMRPY Facts and Figures
During 2016 to 2019 (up to January 15, 2019) over 1 crorebeneficiaries have been enrolled with Employees' Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) under Pradhan Mantri Rojgar Protsahan Yojana (PMRPY) (breakup below).
- 2016-17 - 33,031
- 2017-18 - 30,27,612
- 2018-19 - 69,49,436
The total number of establishments who have benefitted during the implementation of the scheme is 1.24 lakh.