Rashtriya Jal Jeevan Kosh (RJJK) is a registered public charitable trust set up by Department of Drinking Water & Sanitation, Ministry of Jal Shakti. It has been set up to serve as a receptacle for charitable contributions/ donations and to facilitate such contribution for creation of safe drinking water supply in villages. The contribution can also be made for providing tap water in schools, Anganwadi centres, tribal residential schools, health-cum-wellness centres, etc.
The genesis of the Rashtriya Jal Jeevan Kosh (RJJK) is the Jal Jeevan Mission (JJM), which is a flagship programme of the Government of India, launched by Hon'ble Prime Minister on 15th August 2019. It aims to provide 'Functional Household Tap Connections' (FHTC) to every rural household in the country by 2024. Under the mission, about 19 crore rural households in the country are to be provided with tap water supply in their homes. Over 5 crore rural households have been provided tap water connection since the launch of the Jal Jeevan Mission (JJM).
Rashtriya Jal Jeevan Kosh (RJJK) aims to fulfil the objectives listed below:
- To enable individuals/ organizations to donate/ contribute in making provision of clean drinking water in village of their choice.
- To join the on-going efforts under Jal Jeevan Mission to provide tap water in rural homes, schools, anganwadi centres, tribal residential schools, health-cum-wellness centres, etc.
- To promote R&D, innovation, use of technology in ensuring tap water in rural households.
- To build the capacity of the local village community to plan, implement, manage, operate and maintain their water supply schemes.
- To promote water conservation efforts, augmentation/ strengthening of drinking water sources, grey water treatment & re-use, etc. for water security
Tax Benefits for Contributions to Rashtriya Jal Jeevan Kosh (RJJK)
Donations to the Rashtriya Jal Jeevan Kosh (RJJK), are eligible for 50% deduction under section 80G of the Income Tax Act, 1961. This is applicable for the assessment year 2021-22 and subsequent years.
The foreign contribution towards the Rashtriya Jal Jeevan Kosh (RJJK) are also exempted from the operation of FCRA, 2010 as the Trust fulfils the necessary criteria provided by MHA's Notification F. No. II/21022/23(37)/2019-FCRA-III dated 30.01.2020.
Rashtriya Jal Jeevan Kosh
4th Floor, Pt.Deendayal Antyodaya Bhawan
CGO Complex, Lodhi Road, Delhi-110003