Udaan is a project launched by Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) under guidance of Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), to address the low enrolment of girl students in prestigious engineering institutions and the teaching gap between school education & engineering entrance examination. The effort is to enrich the teaching & learning of Science and Mathematics at School level by addressing the three dimensions of education - curriculum design, transaction and assessments.
Udaan is a platform that empowers the girl students, facilitate their aspiration of joining the prestigious engineering institutions and take important role in development/ progress of the country in future. Under this program, students are provided free offline / online resources through virtual weekend contact classes and study material on pre-loaded tablet while studying in Class XI and Class XII for preparation of admission test to various premier engineering colleges in the country.
Free of cost support to Girl students of Classes XI and XII to prepare for engineering entrance examination
- Availability of tutorials, videos and study material
- Organization of Virtual contact classes at 60 designated city centres
- Pre-loaded Tablet to facilitate learning beyond class room
- Orientation Session on using technology to all selected students
- Assessments designed to provide useful feedback on learning
- Remedial steps to correct learning
- Peer learning and mentoring opportunities for meritorious students
- Motivation sessions with students/parents
- Student helpline services to clarify doubts, monitor student learning and support technology
- Constant monitoring and tracking of student progress with feedback
The program is open to Indian citizens residing in India only.
- All girl students studying in classes XI only from KVs/ NVs/ Government Schools of any recognised Board/ CBSE affiliated private schools in India are eligible to apply based on criteria given above.
- The selection of the students will be based on merit and will be considered against the city chosen by the candidate for the weekly virtual contact classes.
- Girl students enrolled in Class XI in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics (PCM) stream.
- Minimum 70% marks in Class X overall and 80% marks in Science and Mathematics, for Boards which follow CGPA, a minimum CGPA of 8 and a GPA of 9 in Science and Mathematics.
- Reservation as per JEE (Advanced), OBC (NCL) - 27 %, SC - 15 %, ST -7.5 %, PWD - 3 % of seats in every category.
- The annual family income should be less than 6 lakhs per annum.
Step to follow for Candidates
- Step1 : Fill Application Form
- Step2 : Upload Photograph
- Step3 : Print Application
- Step4 : Download Declaration
Candidates are required to submit printed online application form along with documents for verification at the one of the center chosen by the candidate. For any clarification e-mail to udaan[dot]cbse[at]gmail[dot]com or you can call at 011-23214737